Friday, November 19, 2010

Halloween

This was the first year I took Tory trick or treating around our neighborhood. She was great! A little nervous at first, so I took her to our next door neighbors first, whom she knows rather well. As always, they were so friendly and sweet (and gave awesome straw-cups FILLED with candy), that she quickly caught on to the idea and was ready to hit the road. :) With great anticipation, she would knock a door, and say trick or treat (or Halloween, which is what I grew up saying). Cautiously, she would scope out houses that seemed a bit too scary, so we could avoid them. Natalia hung out quite contentedly in my arms the whole time, just taking it all in. She was dressed very warmly in a flower outfit a friend lent to us for the night (thanks, Karen!), and Tory ended up being Sleeping Beauty. :) After we did our rounds in two cul-de-sacs, Tory says, Mom, I think I have enough candy. I almost fell down flat! Then realized she was tired of walking. I was very happy we were close to home, because my arms were already tired from holding a now-heavy Natalia, and was not going to be able to hold Tory too. Fun times! :)
Este fue el primer año que saco Tory a pedir dulces en nuestra vecindad para Halloween. ¡Le fue super bien! Un poco nerviosa al comienzo, así que la llevé primero a unos vecinos bien conocidos por ella que la trataron tan bien, con sonrisas y un vaso con pajilla LLENA de dulces, que se le quito el miedo y con mucha anticipación quería ir a todas las casas! Tocaba a las puertas y tímidamente decía Halloween. Unas casas tenías cosas que daban miedo y ahí no queríamos ir ni ella ni yo. Natalia bien feliz en mis brazos todo el tiempo, sin un pio, solo viendolo todo. Una amiga nos prestó un traje de una flor, bien calientita (¡gracias Karen!) y Tory, quiso ser la Bella Durmiente. :) Después de pasar por dos vecindades, Tory me miró y me dice: Mami, creo que ya tengo suficientes dulces. ¡Casi me caigo desmayada! Luego me dí cuenta que ya estaba cansada de caminar. Yo feliz de ver que estabamos cerca de la casa porque Natalia ya me pesaba en los brazos y no quería cargar a dos niñas! Fue divertido.... :)











No comments: