I want to share a VERY special weekend.... :) First of all, my brother, Paul and his wife, Michele, visited us. They heard Tory's bottom teeth were popping up and they HAD to rush over from Seattle to see the little white stubbs poking through. :) And, as always, Michele used her photographic skills to take some very cute pictures and videos of Tory.... so there you are! :) I voice my sister, Lisa's, sentiment when she said her blog was really more Reagan's and so it is with our blog... now Tory's blog... :) hee, hee.
So, I was totally taken unawares yesterday.... Paul and Michele said they wanted to get me something for my 30th birthday so I asked for some plants to begin my garden and off we went. When we were done there, Paul says he would like to stop by Barnes and Noble to get a book... which was FINE with me to go to one of my favorite places to be... and off we went again. By the time we were done there, Tory was really tired and REALLY ready for her nap. So as soon as we got home, my goal was to get Tory to bed ASAP...Edwin offered to carry her in, and Paul offered to carry in all the plants. I walk into the living room and was heading for the hallway, bypassing the kitchen when all of the sudden out of the corner of my eye a see a HUGE BLUR of peole in the corner and at the same time they all yell, "SURPRISE!!" and I can honestly say I have NEVER been that surprised in all my life... I was honestly SCARED for my life and wanted to run and hide to get away.... and at the same time I realized what had happened and was extremely happy and grateful. It was also funny to hear the whole crowd of people immediately go from happy "SURPRISE!!" to a concerned, "OOhhh!!!" as Tory began to cry in reaction to my fright. So, Edwin and some special friends from church had, I guess, been planning this party for a couple weeks now. It was very special... I understood then, all the small Edwin quirks which I had just been dismissing... such as him making the bed and tidying up the house that morning, freeing up a huge space in the freezer (for the cake), going in late to "work" on Friday morning (uh.... actually going shopping for supplies for the party with a friend). THANK YOU to all of you who made my turning 30 a very FUN event.... :)
Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos
3 comments:
Happy Birthday! Chris, Tori is really starting to look like you!! She is ADORABLE!! I also really like how you dress her. She looks so cute! Love the sandals. :)
Love you,
Lisa
it was so fun to "surprise" you on your big (day after) day! it was a little sad, though, that we scared tory. luckily she recovered quickly and was all smiles thereafter. what a sweetheart she is!
~yolanda
Hi Chrissy!!!
como han pasado los años!!! si parece que fue ayer que habia una niñita rubia llorando que no queria quedarse en la escuela dominical y se sentaba en mis piernas a escuchar la clase!!!!
FELICES 30!!!!!!!! Y DISFRUTA CADA DIA DE TU VIDA AL LADO DE LA LINDA FAMILIA QUE DIOS TE HA REGALADO!!!!!!!!
Con amor,
Ninette
Post a Comment