Sunday, January 04, 2009
Hit the ground running
Leaving the cold behind, we arrived in El Salvador around 9:30 at night on December the 24th. I arrived with sweat and Tory pee all over my shirt, but happy to have arrived in one day. Our connecting flight in Houston was due to leave at the exact time we arrived, but thankfully, they announced that the flight to El Salvador was waiting for any stragglers.... so we decided not to wait for our $10.00 umbrella stroller to be brought up from where ever it is they store it during the flight, and we booked it from one end of the airport to the other (national to international flights). Tory got heavier and heavier as we went, and as much as my brain told me to run, I preferred not to fall unconscious to the floor somewhere in the middle of an airport. But we did make it! They even waited for our luggage to be loaded before taking off! I was so excited! I did not even mind that Tory;s diaper could not hold all her extra liquids.... poor thing! Not that she seemed to mind. She was such a great traveler! I had a cool kid-computer (learn your alphabet game) from my parents, DVDs, and awesome ideas from Sarah and Lisa (like stickers, post-it notes, and white erase board and markers) to get us through the travels. :) And of course, Edwin;s family was so excited to see us, even if we did make them eat their Christmas eve meal at mid-night since we arrived so late! :) Tory was holding up so well, in spite of so many new people anxious to re-connect, that I let her stay up and open presents! She was so overjoyed by fun toys that she stayed up until about 1:30 am (11:30 her time). WOW! Such a trooper! The following day, we then checked out the zoo and in the evening we had to give her a ride in a toy train! What joy to be home! :) Oh, and the last picture is Edwin;s new-found GRANDPA! He is 98 years old and I had never met him. I just had to get a picture of him with Tory. :)












Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment