Friday, October 10, 2008

Tory's big girl bed

Yep! She keeps growing! I've tried to stop it from happening, but she just won't listen.  :)   Edwin and I went to Target (just about the best store ever invented) and found the bedspread I had been picturing in her room for months now! I was so excited when I put it on her bed and sure enough, it was perfect. :)  The first night we still had Tory's crib up, so she did not want to have anything to do with that new thing in the room.  So bye, bye crib.  The next night she cried so much I almost couldn't bear it (but somehow did).  The night after that it was like she had always slept in that bed since the day she was born.  Two stories:  A couple days after, we put her down for her daily afternoon nap.  All was quiet, so we thought she was way off in dream land.  Suddenly, we heard her talking (jabbering, really), so Edwin went to check on her and the picture you see following is what he found.  So funny! (except that she wasn't taking her nap, of course)
Si! Tory sigue creciendo.  Trato de paralo, pero ella no me hace caso. :)  Edwin y yo fuimos a comprarle un cubrecama y encontramos uno perfecto, igual a lo que yo me había imaginado para ella.  La primera noche que pusimos su cama no bajamos la cuna y por eso no quiso tener nada que ver con la nueva cama.  La segunda noche, después de haber quitado la cuna lloro y lloro y casi no aguanté pero lo logré.  La siguiente noche fué como si siempre hubiera dormido en esa camita nueva.   Bueno, dos cuentos sobre eso:  Un par de días después de poner la cama, la acostamos para su siesta.  Todo estaba cayado asi que pensamos que ya se había dormido.  De pronto oímos que ella estaba hablando y riendose, así que Edwin fué a ve que estaba haciendo y pueden ver en la foto cómo la encontró.  ¡Tan chistoso! (aparte del hecho de que no estaba durmiendo su siesta como se suponía) :) 














Story #2: It was about 3:30AM and I woke up to Tory groaning very softly.  So I went to check on her and was very thankful for the rail, because she was pressed up against it, almost falling between the rail and the bed.  In the spot where she should have been lying were about 30 books and 4 or 5 of them were embedded into Tory's back.  I imagine that was why she was moaning in her sleep.  So I took off all the books and rolled her into a more comfortable position.  :)
Cuento #2: Era como las 3:30 de la mañana y me desperté porque oía que Tory estaba gimiendo suavemente.  Fuí a ver que le pasaba y estaba muy feliz de tener el protector para que no se caiga de la cama porque allí estaba Tory, apretada contra ese protector, casi cayendose entre eso y la cama.  En el lugar donde debía de estar Tory durmiendo, habían como 30 libros! y 4-5 de esos libro la estaban apretando en la espalda!  Me imagino que era por eso que gemía. :) Así que quité todos los libros y la moví a ella al centro de la camita donde estaría mucho más cómoda.


No comments: