Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fútbol

Wow! It has been a really long time between postings... sorry people! :(  Life has suddenly become busy, busy!  Sept. 8 I began teaching Spanish I and II to a homeschooled group of middle/high schoolers. I have 4 kids in SI and 5 kids in SII.  I was only teaching one class last year (for an hour and 15 min.) but now with two classes, I have to leave Tory from around 7:45-11:45am every Mon. and Wed.! Thankfully (God is so good!), my grandma is able to watch Tory during those mornings.  :) It is so neat that Tory is able to know her great-grandparents! But anyway, now if there is free time, I'm usually grading or preparing the next classes!  THEN, on top of that, :) I had decided to go to church once a week for a women's Bible study because I would still have a small group time and Tory would have the opportunity to play with other children and learn to interact more.  But it ended up I am actually in the playroom that Tory is in during the Bible study time as a lead.  So, I'm in charge of 15 two-year olds for 2 and a half hours every Tues.! Yeah! Didn't know it would be so hectic! :)  I'm feeling a little more on my feet now, but that first day I left with a headache (and I rarely have a headache, so that just showed the stress of it all).  Edwin also leads a small group of guy high schoolers on Wed. nights and I co-lead a small group of girl high schoolers on Thursday nights! So, there are my excuses for not blogging for so long! :) Well, the title IS fútbol, not Cristy's crazy life, so onto the action!  For her birthday, Tory received, very appropriately, a pair of shin guards.  Not just any shinguards, no.... PINK shinguards! So cute! Kent and Edwin used to coach 8 year old girls together, and he and his wife and girls gave us the shinguards, which is why they were so appropriate. :)  And so adorable!  Only problem is getting Tory to wear them! :) Oh, well.  We did succeed one night, but as soon as we took a couple of pictures, they came flying off! :)  Edwin has also been refereeing on Saturdays for what is called "Upwards Soccer" at our church.  Tory and I went to see what all the commotion was about on one of those Saturdays; hence, the cute pictures. :)  But, since it has taken me forever to blog, those days have come and gone and now Edwin is working, working, working! No time for fun with the kids on Saturday! Now it's all about the harvesting of the grapes! He works Tuesday - Sunday, 10 hour days.  It'll only last a couple of months, though, and then he'll be back to normal 4 tens.  So, that's a glimpse into some of the things going on over here.... hopefully it won't be another month before I blog again! :)

Es increíble que ha pasado tanto tiempo desde la última vez que puse fotos! Lo siento, gente! :( La vida de repente se ha puesto ocupado, ocupado! El 8 de septiembre empesé a enseñar Español 1 y 2 a un grupo de estudiantes de secundaria que estudian en casa.  Tengo 4 estudiantes en Español 1 y 5 en Español 2.  En año pasado sólo enseñé a un grupo por una hora y media, pero ahora con dos clases, dejo a Tory como a las 8:00am y no regreso hasta como las 11:45 de la mañana.  Gracias a Dios, ¡la he podido dejar con mi abuela! ¡Es tan bonito que ella pueda conocer a sus bis-abuelos! :)  De todos modos, desde entonces, si tengo tiempo libre, normalmente estoy calificando o preparando la siguiente clase.  En cima de eso, ya había decidio ir una ves a la semana a un grupo de estudio Bíblico y al mismo tiempo Tory pudiera jugar con otros niños y aprender a socialisarse más.  Pero yo terminé siendo la que cuido a todos los niños en la clase de Tory.  Estar con 15 niños de 2 años si que es agotador!  No supe lo cansada que iba a estar y ese primer día que los cuidé sí que salí con un dolor de cabeza (y a mí casi nunca me dan dolores de cabeza . . . sólo muestra lo estresante que fué).  Pero ahora ya me estoy acostumbrando más y sé qué esperar.  Edwin también es líder de un grupo de estudiante de bachillerato (cheros) los miércoles por la noche y yo ayudo a dirigir un grupo de estudiantes de bachillerato (cheras) los jueves por la noche. Así que ahí están todas mis excusas por no haber puesto fotos.  :)  Bueno, el título es Fútbol, no La vida loca de Cristy, así que, ¡al tema!  Para el cumpleaños de Tory le regalaron unas canilleras (¿así se dice?) adorables.... se lo dieron unos amigos que el esposo, Kent, y Edwin antes entrenaban juntos a unas niñas de 8 años (jugando fútbol, claro).  En único problema fué ¡ponerselos a Tory! ¡No quería!  Ni modo. Una noche que lo logramos hacer, sólo le pudimos tomar un par de fotos y ¡las canilleras salieron volando!  Edwin también había sido el árbitro en nuestra iglesia para unos pequeñuelos los sábados por la mañana y un día Tory y yo fuimos a ver que era la que hacía Edwin, y pude tomar unas fotos y el video también.  :)  Pero como me tardé tanto en poner las fotos, esos días vineron y se fueron.  Ahora la vida de Edwin es trabajar y trabajar, pues ya ¡llegó la cosecha de uvas!  Trabaja de martes a domingo, diez horas al día.  Afortunadamente, sólo dura un par de meses.  Ya pronto regresará a lo normal, que es trabajar 4 días a la semana, por 10 horas cada día.  Así que ese es un vistazo a lo que ha estado pasando en nuestras vidas.  ¡Espero que no pase otro mes antes que ponga fotos otra vez! ¡Ya veremos si le gano a Gerardo algún día (pero lo dudo)!













1 comment:

Carrie said...

Cute shinguards!! Tory is adorable! I hope things slow down for you all soon!