Pues hice un terrible trabajo al tomar fotos de la visita de mi buen amiga, Kris. Es mas, sólo tomé UNA foto . . . la primera que verán. Las demás, las robé de la colección de fotos que tomó Kris. :) ja, ja! Después de CINCO años de no vernos, Kris tomó el largo viaje desde Florida para venir a experimentar el frío, nublado y lluvioso Norueste. Pero NO estuvo ni frío, ni nublado (bueno, solo el último día en Seattle lo fué) ni lluvioso. Estuvo bellísimo, claro y asoleado!! :) Nos divertimos tanto!! Cuando Kris me preguntó qué gran aventuras tenía yo preparado para compartir con ella en su visita, le pregunté: -Eh, te acuerdas de que vivo, pues . . . en un DESIERTO, verdad? ja, ja! Así que nuestras aventuras incluyeron basicamente el ir de parque en parque. No fué super emocionante, pero fué una gran bendición sólo poder hablar y estar al tanto de todo. No es cualquier día que puedes abrir tu corazón, compartir y ser compredido. Gracias, Padre, por haber traído a Kris a mi vida. :)











Monday, July 21, 2008
Kris, my friend . . .
So i did a terrible job taking pictures of Kris' trip out here . . . yeah, that first picture being the ONLY picture taken from my camera. The rest, stolen. Yes. From Kris' collection. But why take the same picture twice, right? At least, that's what I told myself. Oh well. So, sorry I'm using all your pictures, Kris. :) hee, hee. After FIVE long years of not seeing my companion in enforcing rules, (as dorm RAs my last year of college . . . ok, ok, I admit it, I was not the BEST rule enforcer who's ever lived - what would they think of me after all?), one of my good friends, Kris, took the long trip up from FL to come experience the cold, cloudy, rainy Northwest. Only it was NOT cold, cloudy (ok, her last day in Seattle was, we admit it), or rainy! It was beautiful, clear, and sunny!! :) We had such a great time! When Kris asked me what great adventures I had in store for her during her sojourn into the West, I had to ask, "Now, you DO remember I live in a . . . well, a DESERT, right??" :) hee, hee. So, off we went. From park to shining park. Sprinklers, to . . . well, just plain old parks. But we had such a good time catching up. It's not every day you get to open your heart, share, and be so understood. I thank you, Father, for bringing Kris into my life! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment