Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Trip to Seattle

A couple weekends ago, Edwin and I were able to go to Tacoma to stay with friends, Ian and Abby. Brady gave Edwin some awesome tickets to see the Mariners play! We arrived in Tacoma, jumped back in the car, grabbed a ferry to Seattle, and had dinner at an awesome Irish Pub. I actually tried authentic Irish food, called a Boxty, which is a thick crepe filled with steak and a mushroom, onion sauce. Delicious! Ok, actually, I ordered the cheeseburger, since I am not adventurous... and Edwin ordered the Boxty. Once I tried his, though, and he saw my delighted face, he was gracious enough to trade with me.... :) So sweet... :) Then we headed to the ball game, and watched the Mariners lose 8-0, but at least we saw them do it from a great view! :) The next morning, Abby let me ride one of her beautiful horses! She actually competes with them every other week or so! She taught me how to sit correctly and tried to get her horse to canter for me. It was a great experience! We also visited Gig Harbor together for breakfast. It was awesome to get away and see friends like this. Thanks, grandma, for watching the girls! They also had a great time! :) I had to include a few recent pictures Edwin took of them and of our puppies, which are getting bigger. :)
Hace un par de semanas, Edwin y yo pudimos ir a Tacoma avisitar unos amigos, Ian y Abby. Un amigo de Edwin nos regaló boletos para ir a ver a los Marineros jugar! Llegamos a Tacoma, luego fuimos a un ferry, que es un bote que lleva carros y gente atraves de la bahía (pero nosotros no llevamos nuestro carro) y fuimos a un restaurante Irlandesa super rico. Por primera vez probé comida autentica de Irlanda que se llama Boxty. Es como una crepa gruesa con carne y una salsa de hongos y cebolla deliciosa!! Bueno, en realidad, ordené una quesoburguesa y Edwin ordenó el Boxty... pero cuando lo probé y me vió la cara de encantada, el bueno de Edwin intercambió comidas conmigo. Luego fuimos al partido y los vimos perder 8 a 0, pero al menos lo hicimos con una buena vista! :) El dia siguiente Abby me dejó montar en uno de sus caballos! Ella compite como 3 veces al mes! Me enseño a sentarme correctamente y trató de hacer que trotara el caballo. Fue muy divertido! También fuimos a visitar un pueblito por la bahía que se llama Gig Harbor para desayunar. Fue muy divertido podernos ir por una noche así, y las niñas también disfrutaron con mis abuelos! Incluí unas fotos recientes que tomó Edwin de las niñas y los perritos que ya están más grandes.... :)






















3 comments:

The Hagens said...

I love looking at pics of your precious daughters - they are too adorable! Beautiful just like their momma. :)

Ricardo said...

Hermosas Fotos. Saludos Familia.

SalvadorSimpsons said...

The girls are so expresive, and I see tory has learned to jump off the swing, just list we did!! I am so glad you rode a horse, make mom get one!!