Monday, July 05, 2010

Cascarones

I was going to teach a Spanish summer camp for a week, so I had 18 eggs all ready to go for my students to decorate, fill with confetti, and smash on each other's heads. Yes, we did this growing up at birthday parties, and believe me, it is awesome. :) Well, the camp ended up falling through, so I let Ale and Tory have at it with the eggs. They enjoyed themselves very much. Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures of them smashing them on each other's (and even Nana and Papa's) heads. In honor of one of his favorite soccer players, Ale painted an egg to be Lionel Messi... then he did a Chilena (soccer kick trick) on the egg. :)

Yo iba a enseñar español por una semana en un campamento, así que tenía 18 huevos listos para pintar, llenar de confetti y luego quebrar en sus cabezas. Si, hacíamos eso cuando yo iba a fiestas creciendo y era de lo mejor! :) Pues, el campamento ya no se hiso, así que dejé que Ale y Tory tuvieran los huevos. Lo disfrutaron mucho. Desafortunadamente, no tomé fotos de cuando quebraron los huevos sobre sus cabezas y las cabezas de los abuelitos también. :) En honor de uno de sus jugadores favoritos, Ale pintó a Lionel Messi en uno de los huevos y luego hiso la chilena para quebrarlo. :)









No comments: