Just for memory sake, I am recording some cute/funny things that Tory has done this past month:
Para mantener vivos los recuerdos, aquí hay unas cosas chistosas/lindas que ha hecho Tory en este mes:
First of all, since it is the Christmas season, this year her favorite songs are Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman! Wow, yeah... over and over and over again.... books, songs on the radio, youtube videos, lit up in the yards, at businesses.... we even got a small, plastic cup with a Rudolf on it, and some reindeer antlers to put on your head like a bandana....
En primer lugar, como es Navidad, este año las canciones que le han capturado su imaginación son Rudolfo el reno y Frosty el hombre de nieve. Baya que le gustan.... lo oimos vez tras vez, tras vez.... en la radio, en youtube, en la tele.... y los vemos en los libros, en los adornos que la gente pone afuera de sus casas y negocios.... hasta conseguimos una tasita el dibujo de el Rudolfo y unos cuernos para que se ponga en la cabeza....
One day in the car, Tory suddenly says:
-Mommy! Tory is a GIRL!
-Yes, Tory, very good! You are a girl!
-And Daddy is a BOY!!
-Yes, Tory, Daddy is a boy! Great!
-And MOMMY is a BOY!!
-Ah, no, actually, Mommy is a girl, too, just like Tory.
-NO! Mommy is a BOY!
-Oh, ok Tory.... (we shall have this conversation again later....) :)
Un día, en el carro, Tory de pronto dice:
-Mami, Tory es una NIÑA!
-Muy bien, Tory! Tú eres una niña!
-Sí, y papi es un NIÑO!
-Si, papi es un niño... muy bien.
-Y mami es un NIÑO!!
-Ah... pues, no... fijate que mami es una niña, igual a Tory....
-NO!! Mami es un NIÑO!!
-Va pues... mami es un niño.... (y así lo dejaermos por el momento....) :)
Recently, when reading together, she suddenly zeroed in on the question marks she saw on the pages and asked me what they were. I told her they were question marks. Now, almost every time she sees one in a book, she will excitedly tell me: Mommy! A kestion mark!
Recientemente, al estar leyendo libros juntos, ella de pronto se fijó en los signos de interrogación en las páginas de muchos cuentos y me preguntó que qué eran esas cosas. Yo le dije que eras signos de interrogación (question marks). Ahora, siempre que mira uno en un cuento, se emociona mucho y dice -Mira, mami! Un kestion mark! :)
The other day, I served her chocolate chip pancakes for dinner. After she had eaten a couple bites, she says:
-I dont want pancakes!!
-Well, what DO you want, Tory?
-I want broccoli!
Seriously?? Ok.... so I pulled some out of the fridge, cut it up, and she ate it and asked for more! Not even I will eat raw broccoli, unless it has gooey salad dressing all over it. :)
El otro día, le di pancakes a Tory para la cena y hasta tenían pedacitos de chocolate en los pancakes.... después de unas mordidas, me dice:
-No quiero pancakes!
-Bueno, y que quieres comer pues?
-Yo quiero brocoli!!
En serio?? Bueno pues... y saqué el brocoli, lo corté en pedacitos y se lo comió y luego pidió más! Ni yo me como brocoli crudo, al menos de que tenga salsa de ensalada en cima! :)
And the last one for this post:
I was chewing gum the other day, and soon Tory says to me:
-Mommy, I want to do like a rabbit!
Now, this one I puzzled over.... at first, I just said, Ok, Tory, do like a rabbit! and expected her to hop around or something.... and she dropped the subject for a time. But, about 30 min. later, she asked me again and pointed to my mouth. That was when i understood that not only did she want gum, but I must have been chewing the gum with my mouth open. Way to lead by example, Mommy! :)
Y la última:
Estaba yo masticando chicle el otro día y al rato Tory me dice:
Mami, yo le quiero hacer como conejo!
Esto me tardó más tiempo entenderlo....al principio dije: bueno! hazle como conejo! pensando que iba a saltar o algo, pero ya no dijo nada por un tiempo. Pero, a los 30 minutos o por ahi me vuelve a preguntar lo mismo pero apunta a mi boca esta ves... y es cuando entendí que no solo quería chicle, sino que yo lo estaba masticando con la bocota abierta! Que buen ejemplo, Mami!
2 comments:
I am still laughing from reading this. I read several of them to Dan and he cracked up as well. What a great idea to keep track of the funny things she says.
Love the one about broccoli! Very strange...but growing them up on healthy foods must work!
Post a Comment