Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Promise, with Love

A little over a week ago, I was reading Psalm 147 and when I came to verses 12-14 my heart seemed to stop as I read and felt the Holy Spirit nudge me to read it again because at this moment this verse was for me, a promise for my family: "Praise the LORD, O Jerusalem! Praise your God, O Zion! For He has strengthened the bars of your gates; He has blessed your children within you. He makes peace in your borders, And fills you with the finest wheat." I thought, "Did I just read that right?" "He has blessed your children within you . . ."  I felt a peace in my heart, and knew that God had given me that verse to hold onto.  And that I had at least one child within me. :)  Unfortunately, the next week, I kept wrestling back and forth with myself.  I would say to myself, "Well, maybe it was just your imagination . . . dont get your hopes up. If you are not pregnant again this month, that is okay, that was not really God speaking, just your wishful thinking. . . ", etc. Then back again to, "No, when God speaks to you through His Word, He does not break His promises, He is Truth, and cannot promise something that He can not back up." And so my week went.  But the conviction that  God had spoken to me kept getting stronger.  I kept re-reading that passage all week! :)  And then, one day came and went, and I thought, "No, I will wait two more days, and THEN, I will buy that test" . . . and two more days went by . . . and I finally, with a mixture of fear and hope, went to buy the test.  I had to wait all morning to get it, because I taught Spanish that morning.  And since it was a Holiday, Edwin was watching Tory that day, and was home.  I finally got home, fairly ran to the bathroom, and sure enough, right away, that second line lit up, bright and strong.  I fell to my knees there in the bathroom and PRAISED GOD, just as the verse said to do, because He HAS "blessed the children within me" . . . and we are pregnant once more, by the love and mercy of God in our lives. :)  According to the computer pregnancy calendar, I am due October 26th of this year.  :)  Thank you, Abba, for such a special way to let us know you had given us such a special gift. 
Hace un poco más de una semana, estaba leyendo en Salmos 147 y cuando llegué a los versículos 12-14 pareció como que se me paró mi corazón y sentí al Espíritu Santo decirme que leyera esos versículos otra vez, porque en ese día, eran específicamente para mi, una promesa para mi familia: -Alaba a Jehová, Jerusalén; Alaba a Dios, oh Sion. Porque fortaleció los cerrojos de tus puertas; Bendijo a tus hijos dentro de ti. El da en tu territorio la paz; Te hará saciar con lo mejor del trigo.-  Pensé, acabo de leer eso correctamente? -Bendijo a tus hijos dentro de tí . . .-  Sentí paz en mi corazón y supe que Dios me lo había regalado . . . y que tenía por lo menos un niño dentro de mí.  Desafortunadamente, esa semana no  la pasé tan confiada. Había una batalla dentro de mí. Pensaba yo: -No, quisas sólo fué tu imaginación. Si no estás embarazada este mes, no te preocupes, solo fué porque es algo que tanto deseas y leistes lo que querías leer . . . no fue nada.- De regreso a -No, si Dios te habló por medio de Su Palabra, no puede prometerte algo que no va a cumplir, porque El es Verdad y no nos miente.- Y así pasé la semana. Pero la convicción de que Dios si me habló se mantuvo . . .y seguía leyendo esos versículos una y otra vez toda la semana. :)  Luego, vino un día esperado y pasó y pensé: -No, voy a esperar dos días más antes de comprar la prueba.-  Pasaron otros dos días y porfín fuí, con un poco de miedo y un poco de esperanza, a comprar la prueba.  Tuve que esperar toda la mañana para comprarlo porque enseñé Español esa mañana, pero también era un día libre para Edwin así que sabía que él estaría allí.   Cuando por fín llegué a la casa, casí corrí al baño y cabal, esa segunda línea se mostró fuerte y claro en el exámen: estaba embarazada! Caí de rodillas ahí en el baño y Alabé a Dios, tal como dijo el versículo que hiciera, pues ciertamente, él ha Bendecido los hijos dentro de mi.... :)  De acuerdo con el calendario de la computadora, va a nacer a los finales de Octubre.  Gracias, Abba, por usar una forma tan especial para decirnos de este regalo tan especial para nosotros.   

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Congratulations! I am so happy and excited for you guys. If your due date is right, that is our anniversary. :)

Carrie said...

Oh, Cristy, that is such wonderful, wonderful news!!! We will be praying for you - that you will have a healthy and happy 9 months! I am just so thrilled for you!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that our little crew of cousins for Kiera just gets bigger and bigger! Congrats!

Calleen Antilla said...

oh Cristy, I found your blog... so good to read your thoughts, I am so very excited for you and Edwin and Tori... yea! We will talk more!

yolanda said...

congratulations, cristy and edwin! what an awesome way for God to reveal to you such great news! and even more awesome that you heard the Holy Spirit speaking directly to you through God's Word. i love hearing testimonies like this! i'm VERY excited for you!